"Now also when I am old and gray-headed, O God, forsake me not; until I have showed Thy strength unto this generation, and Thy power to every one that is to come" (Psalm 71:18)
The early Christians turned the world upside down. Their charge and ours today, is the same - to rescue the perishing and care for the dying, to go to the helpless ones and tell them Jesus saves.
I heard about a little girl who said to her mother, "Do you remember that priceless vase we all love so much that's been handed down to our family from one generation to another?" The mother said, "Yes." The little girl revealed, "Well, this generation just dropped it."
Now friend, this generation cannot drop it. The faith we enjoy must be handed down from generation to generation. We must not drop this priceless heirloom that God has placed into our hands.
Ask yourself honestly, which is more precious to you - your possessions or the over two billion souls who do not know Jesus Christ? On which are you spending your talents, treasures, and time? Ask God to help you die to yourself in order that He may use ALL of you for His glory.
"Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous" (1 Peter 3:8)
There are five qualities of friendship:
1. Harmony. We are to be of one mind, not necessarily singing the same note, but complimenting one another.
2. Sympathy. We hurt when friends hurt. The world is looking for friends like this.
3. Fraternity. We are to love one another like brothers. There is no brotherhood, like the brotherhood in Jesus Christ.
4. Pity. If you want to be a real friend, you're going to have to feel deeply. You'll need to put yourself in the place of the other person.
5. Humility. Genuine courtesy is thinking of the other person's needs before your own. You are less concerned with your rights, and more concerned about the relationship.
Begin to develop these characteristics of friendship in you life and watch God change the world!
Are you lonely and in need of a friend. Ask God to build these characteristics in your life and to lead you to someone with whom you can be a friend. Then, be a friend. In your weakness, He will show Himself strong.