Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Power of Praying Scripture


For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height--to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:14-19


It is an amazing blessing to learn to take Scriptures and make them our personal prayers. The third chapter of Ephesians gives us a great example of doing this because it is a real prayer that Paul prayed for the recipients of this letter. Let's make it our prayer today.

Dear Lord, I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that You would grant me, according to the riches of Your glory, to be strengthened with might through Your Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith; that I, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and heightto know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that I may be filled with all the fullness of God. I ask this prayer of Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that I ask or think, according to the power that works in me, to You be the glory in the church of Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Take time to study, meditate and write your own prayers from Scriptures that speak to your heart. God's Word is powerful and life-changing, especially when we make them personal and pray them back to Him.

~Daily Disciples Devotional~

No comments:

Post a Comment