Sunday, July 31, 2016

Worthy Sayings of Great Christians

I know, perhaps as well as anyone, what depression means, and what it is to feel myself sinking lower and lower. Yet at the worst, when I reach the lowest depths, I have an inward peace which no pain or depression can in the least disturb. Trusting in Jesus Christ my Savior, there is a blessed quietness in the deep caverns of my soul, through upon the surface, a rough tempest may be raging, and there may be little apparent calm. 

~Charles Spurgeon~
__________________________


The Holy Scriptures are our letters from home. 

~Augustine~
_________________________

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian, any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile. 

~Billy Sunday~
_______________________

Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you may not understand at the time.   

~Oswald Chambers~
___________________________

Not only do we not know God except through Jesus Christ; we do not even know ourselves except through Jesus Christ.   

~Blaise Pascal~
_____________________________

We are either in the process of resisting God's truth or in the process of being shaped and molded by His truth.   

~Charles Stanley~
__________________________

Nothing sets a person so much out of the devil's reach as humility. ~Jonathan Edwards~
_________________________

Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway.  

~Mary C. Crowley~
__________________________

It is not by telling people about ourselves that we demonstrate our Christianity. Words are cheap. It is by costly, self-denying Christian practice that we show the reality of our faith.  

~Jonathan Edwards~
__________________________

The greatest tragedy of life is not unanswered prayer, but unoffered prayer. 

~F.B. Meyer~
________________________

When we look at the ungodly, we are not to hate them - but to pity them, mourn over them, and pray for them. Nor have we any right to boast over them; for, by nature, and of ourselves, we are no better than they.  

~John Newton~
_________________________

Envy is a spirit of dissatisfaction or opposition to the prosperity or happiness of other people.  

~Jonathan Edwards~
_____________________________

The good man has his enemies. He would not be like His Lord if he had not. If we were without enemies we might fear that we were not the friends of God, for friendship of the world is enmity to God.  

~Charles Spurgeon~
_______________________________

Remember, a small light will do a great deal when it is in a very dark place. Put one little tallow in the middle of a large hall, and it will give a good deal of light.  

~D.L. Moody~
___________________________

The Bible is a compass, pointing you in the right direction. - Author ~Unknown~
________________________


Any part of the human body can only be explained in reference to the whole body. And any part of the Bible can only be properly explained in reference to the whole Bible.  

~F.F. Bruce~
______________________

Train up a child in the way he should go- but be sure you go that way yourself.  

~Charles Spurgeon~
___________________________

There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, They will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way."  

~C.S. Lewis~
__________________________

Isn't it amazing that almost everyone has an opinion to offer about the Bible, and yet so few have studied it?  

~R.C. Sproul~
_________________________

Until you have given up yourself to Him, you will not have a real self.  

~C.S. Lewis~
__________________________

God is interested in developing your character. At times He lets you proceed, but He will never let you go too far without discipline to bring you back. In your relationship with God, He may let you make a wrong decision. Then the Spirit of God causes you to recognize that it is not God's will. He guides you back to the right path.  

~Henry Blackaby~
_________________________


There's a place where mercy reigns and never dies
There's a place where streams of grace flow deep and wide
Where all the love I've ever found
Comes like a flood
Comes flowing down

At the cross
At the cross
I surrender my life
I'm in awe of You
I'm in awe of You
Where Your love ran red
and my sin washed white
I owe all to You
I owe all to You Jesus
There's a place where sin and shame are powerless
Where my heart has peace with God and forgiveness
Where all the love I've ever found
Comes like a flood
Comes flowing down
At the cross
At the cross
I surrender my life
I'm in awe of You
I'm in awe of You
Where Your love ran red
and my sin washed white
I owe all to You
I owe all to You Jesus
Here my hope is found
Here on holy ground
Here I bow down
Here I bow down
Here arms open wide
Here You save my life
Here I bow down
Here I bow down
At the cross
At the cross
I surrender my life
I'm in awe of You
I'm in awe of You
Where Your love ran red
and my sin washed white
I owe all to You
I owe all to You Jesus

~Stacey Johnson Howeth~


No comments:

Post a Comment