Saturday, December 8, 2018

More Than Conquerors # 5

More Than Conquerors # 5

You see, we've got the idea that you've got to be anointed of the Holy Spirit to be a missionary or a preacher. Well, that's great! You must have that. Let me tell you about three things here. Look. This man says we are more than conquerors. You know, when those three Hebrew children went into the burning, fiery furnace, they were conquerors. But when the form of the fourth, like unto the Son of God, came and they walked out, they were MORE THAN CONQUERORS.

When Daniel went into the lion's den, he was a conqueror. But when they pulled him out and made them change the laws of the Medes and the Persians, he was more than a conqueror.

When Jesus went to the Cross, He could have just went quick, and destroyed every man that was living. He could have cursed these people like He cursed the fig tree. But He kept His mouth shut. When He went to the grave with the sin of the world He was a conqueror. When He rose from the dead He was more than a conqueror. That's why this marvelous 8th chapter is so majestic. The Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead. Has He raised you from the dead? And touched death? And trespasses? And sin? Has He raised you from the death of formality and self-righteousness? If He has, you're indwelt by God the Father! You're indwelt by God the Son! You're indwelt by the Holy Spirit!

You know what America needs more than it needs some revivalist? It needs some Holy Spirit filled mothers and fathers. I owe my spiritual life after God to the saintly mother who influenced my life. I never heard my mother gossip. I never heard her criticize anybody. I never saw her get angry. All I got when I came home from school was mother in one chair and grandmother in the other singing, "Take Time to Be Holy," usually off-key. But they were singing "Take Time to Be Holy." If it wasn't that, it was "Trust and Obey." Man, I was born in a home where the father was godly and the mother was a saint.

People say to me sometimes, "You know, I often ask the Lord to make me humble." I'll tell you how to make yourself humble. Go home and sit down before your little kids. Just sit down and say, "Do you think that I am like Jesus?"

I'm a debtor to America. Do you know why? Because outside of the New Testament, the greatest thing I ever read was the life of David Brainerd. I read that when he was about 18 years of age, he met God. I read that he died at the age of 28. The ripe old age of 28! I read that he used to kneel in the snow when it was up to his chin, when he had to make a hole in it. And pray! He said, "I'd pray from sunrise to sunset. I couldn't touch the snow with the tips of my fingers. The heat of my body melted the snow." He had tuberculosis and when he sneezed he sprayed the snow with his blood.

Friend, listen. You have only one life. Twill soon be passed. Only what's done for God will last. When you are dying how glad you shall be, if the lamp of your life has been burned out for Him. So now, die to  self-seeking. Die to public opinion. Die to ambition. God doesn't use men that are alive. He uses men that are dead. He doesn't use sober men. He uses drunk men. He doesn't use somebody. He uses nobody.

"In all these things..." Where's your point of defeat tonight? Is it prayerlessness? Is it lack of love? Is it self-pity? Self-seeking? Self-glory? Self-promoting? What is it? You may be the one key holding up revival. Maybe just you, nobody else. I don't know. I want to tell you, God can put an end to all these things and you can leave this house tonight free, if you obey God. You can be more than conquerors by the indwelling God, by the indwelling Holy Spirit of God. But you'll have to confess it. I can't confess for you. I can't do it. You have to do it. God can't do it for you. You have to do it.

Your repentance, your humility, your sincere seeking God for that cancer within the breast, whatever it is, will bring the compassion and love of God, the cleansing in the Blood, and the indwelling Holy Spirit.

~Leonard Ravenhill~

(The End)

Copyright/Reproduction Limitations: this file is the sole property of Leonard Ravenhill. It may not be altered or edited in any way. It may be reproduced only in its entirety as "freeware" without charge - and cannot be sold with charge.  (c) 1995 by Leonard Ravenhill, Lindale, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment