Saturday, April 4, 2020

God's Knowledge Of Us # 3 (and others)

God's Knowledge of Us # 3 (and others)

"O Lord, You know" my FRAME. You know what it was - when I lay dead in trespasses and sins! You know what it is - in my present transitory state. You know the diseases and disorders, from which the body suffers. You know the imperfect organization and depraved principles, by which the soul is fettered, troubled, and hindered. You know the weakness of the memory, the smallness of the mental capacity, the trembling state of the nerves, and the weak condition of the muscles. Yes, my Father knows it all!

"He knows our frame, He remembers that we are dust." The entire whole of us - is perfectly known to our Heavenly Father! He can fully understand us. He can sympathize with us. He can make all things work together for our good. All that in us is good - He has produced by His own Spirit and Word. All that is evil, He has permitted in His wisdom and holiness.

He knew us from eternity. When He chose us to eternal life - He knew all about us. When He called us by His sovereign and distinguishing grace - He was well aware of what we were, and what we would be. God has never been disappointed in us, whoever else may be.

O to know Him! To know Him fully, to know Him experimentally, to know Him so as to love Him with all our powers, to serve Him every moment of our lives, and to seek to promote His glory in every action we perform. O to know Him as revealed in Jesus, as seated on a throne of grace, as working all things after the  counsel of His own will! O to know Him in His own glorious world, where all His attributes are manifested, and all His gracious relations are enjoyed. O for the time, when we shall know Him - even as also we are known by Him!

"O Lord, You have searched me and You know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; You perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue - You know it completely, O Lord. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Where can I go from Your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your presence? If I go up to the heavens - You are there; if I make my bed in the depths - You are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me. Your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to You; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to You!"

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!" (Psalm 139).

~James Smith~

(The End)
______________________


Extremely derogatory to human pride!


(Stephen Tyng, "Christ is All")

"In his pride, the wicked does not seek God; in all his thoughts, there is no room for God!" Psalm 10:4

Sin has entirely perverted the nature of man.

The carnal mind is opposed to God in its . . .
  judgments,
  tastes,
  desires,
  pursuits.

God demands that guilty man . . .
   sacrifice his own imaginary independence,
   renounce his own fancied excellence, and
   acknowledge his personal unworthiness,
before he can be received into the family of God.

Such demands seem extremely derogatory to human pride. For this reason, multitudes reject all the offers of the Gospel, and treat with contempt those who yield to the invitations which they themselves despise, and submit to the motives which they renounce, as deluded and degraded people.

"The day is coming when your pride will be brought low and the Lord alone will be exalted." Isaiah 2:11

"The Lord Almighty has done it to destroy your pride and show His contempt for all human greatness." Isaiah 23:9

"The Lord detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished." Proverbs 16:5


No comments:

Post a Comment