"Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart" (Luke 18:1)
Here are three elements that will make our prayers more effective. Let's talk about the results we can expect fro our efforts toward improvement.
There are ten things that should accompany devoted prayer:
1. A growing relationship with Christ.
2. A change in perspective: God's versus your own.
3. A positive faith attitude.
4. Peace in the midst of pressure.
5. A purifying effect on you morally.
6. Spiritual growth in every area of your life.
7. A passion to obey God.
8. Reliance upon God to meet every need.
9. Power in your service for God.
10. Productivity in every area of life.
What do you think about this list? Are you seeing some of the results mentioned above? Whether you are gaining victory in one area or all ten, you can be certain that, as you devote yourself to prayer, God will allow amazing things to happen in your life. He will use you in ways you never thought possible, and you will discover a relationship with Him that is indescribable.
Prayer is so simple. Truly, it is the act of communicating openly with God. It is a matter of giving time to the Father to let Him do in you life what He chooses to do. Are you ready to take your prayer life to a higher level? God is listening because He loves you.
Lord, help me to recognize that I can gain far more depth of character from spending time with You that I ever will be reading how-to books. Amen