Sunday, November 18, 2012

God Is At the Controls

"And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good" (Genesis 1:31)

I do not know why God does some things, but I am convinced that nothing is accidental in His universe. In the creation chapters of Genesis there is a beautiful exercise in utility - God making an orderly world for a purpose, with everything having a reason for existence.

If I am allowed to go into a hospital operating room, I am completely ignorant about the uses for most of the strange and complex facilities. But the surgeon knows each one and none of those is there by accident.

If I could step into the cab of one of the great, powerful diesel locomotives, I would be perplexed by the many buttons and handles and bars. I could wreck the whole thing in a few minutes. But the engineer knows - and he gets the proper results when he pushes the proper switches and the right buttons.

So, when God Almighty stepped into the cab of His locomotive, which we call the cosmos, He was at the controls and He has always pushed the right buttons.

Just because there are things in the universe beyond my human explanation does not allow me to accuse God of making a lot of unnecessary truck to clutter up the universe. God mad everything for some purpose!

~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment