Intercessory Prayer (continued)
11. An intercessor will be known in hell. "Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?" (Acts 19:15). If we are intercessors, we will be known in hell. It has to be that when we pray as Daniel did in Daniel 9 and 10 that all hell moves to stop it.
12. An intercessor of God will be a fighter and a fellow soldier; he will be one who has come into active warfare (Philemon 2; Philippians 2:25; 2 Timothy 2:3).
13. An intercessor knows the authority of Christ and his position in Christ. This is absolute knowing.
"That ... the eyes of your understanding (heart) being enlightened, that ye may know ... what is the exceeding greatness of His power to usward who believe, according to the working of His mighty power, which He wrought in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead, and set Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: and hath put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be the Head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him that filleth all in all" (Ephesians 1:17-23).
"Even when we were dead in sins, (He) hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus ..." (Ephesians 2:5, 6).
14. An intercessor pours out his complaints before God and not before men, Psalm 142:1 and 2. A prayer when David was in the cave Adullam.
15. An intercessor goes to his "closet" - the closet of his heart - and becomes one with Christ" (Matthew 6:6).
16. Much is required of an intercessor (Luke 12:47, 48; Matthew 20:21-23).
17 An intercessor has to be meek and lowly (2 Timothy 2:24-26; Romans 12:3; Exodus 32).
18. An intercessor has to be a bondservant -
One whose will is altogether swallowed up in the will of another.
One who serves another to the disregard of his own interests. (Nothing matters as long as his Lord and Master is glorified.)
One bound and devoted to the service of another.
One whose will and capacities are wholly at the service of another.
Bondslave is used of the lowest scale of servitude, but when transferred to Christian service it expresses the highest devotion of one who is bound by love.
(continued with # 5)