Monday, August 13, 2012

The Struggle of Unforgiveness

"And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses" (Colossians 2:13)

From God's perspective, forgiveness is immediate. However, we must desire His forgiveness. Often this means listening for His still, small voice to direct us in our confession.

In her devotional book, "Streams in the Desert", Mrs. Charles Cowman writes: "Christmas Evans tells us in his diary that one Sunday afternoon he was traveling a very lonely road to attend an appointment, and he was convicted of a cold heart. He says, 'I tethered my horse and went to a sequestered spot, where I walked to and fro in agony as I reviewed my life.  I waited three hours before God, broken with sorrow, until there broke over me a sweet sense of His forgiving love ... As the sun was westering, I went back to the road, found my horse, mounted it and went to my appointment. On the following day I preached with such a new power to a vast concourse of people gathered on the hillside, that a revival broke out that day and spread through all Wales."

When we do sin, a humble heart quickly ushers us into the throne room of God. Seek to be sensitive to the moving of God's Spirit in your life. If He is pressing you to be still and listen for His guidance, then take the opportunity to do so. From time to time, God may draw you aside to be with Him in prayer in order to cleanse and refresh you. A marvelous blessing comes whenever you obey His Spirit's call.

Father, I sometimes struggle with unforgiveness. Help me to hear Your still, small voice to direct my confession and obey the Spirit's call. Amen

~Charles Stanley~

No comments:

Post a Comment