Sunday, February 26, 2012

Christian Quotes - 2

Commitment


Lord, take my lips and speak through them, take my mind and think through it; take my heart and set it on fire. (W. H. Aitken)


He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. (Jim Eliot)


Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise. (Frances Havergal)


Teach us, good Lord, to serve Thee as Thou deservest. To give and not to count the cost; to fight and not to heed the wounds; to toil and not seek for rest; to labor and not to ask for any reward save that of knowing that we do Thy will. (St. Ignatius of Loyola)


Give me a person who says, "This one thing I do, and not these fifty things I dabble in." (D. L. Moody)


One can always measure a man's devotion to the cause of Christ by his readiness t be called to responsibility, by his diligence in it, by the personal risks he runs through his involvement in it, or by the ease with which he lays it down. (Anon.)


All to Thee is yielded, I am not my own; Blissful, glad surrender - I am Thine alone. (E. May Crawford)


Don't touch Christianity unless you mean business. I promise you a miserable existence if you do. (Henry Drummond)

No comments:

Post a Comment