Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Deeper Life

"That I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings being made conformable unto His death" (Philippians 3:10)


I almost shrink from hearing the expression, "the deeper life," because so many people want to talk about it as a topic - but no one seems to want to know and love God for Himself!


GOD IS THE DEEPER LIFE! JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF IS THE DEEPER LIFE, and as I plunge on into the knowledge of the triune God, my heart moves on into the blessedness of His fellowship. This means that there is less of me and more of God - thus my spiritual life deepens, and I am strengthened in the knowledge of His will.


I think this is what Paul meant when he penned that great desire, "That I may know Him!" He was expressing more than the desire for acquaintance - he was yearning to be drawn into the full knowledge of fellowship with God which has been provided in the plan of redemption.


Lord, I want to know You more, that I might enter into lasting fellowship with You. May that be my deep desire and not just a topic for spiritual discussion. Amen


~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment