Saturday, March 31, 2012

I Stand at the Door and Knock

Lord, I praise You for Your unfailing love and provision in my life. Help me to see the sustaining truth You have for me today in Your Word.


"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me" (Revelation 3:20).


With all of the mighty power Jesus has as the Keeper of the Keys, there is one door He will not force open. And that is the door of a person's heart. This verse is a message to the unsaved person, and it pictures Jesus patiently standing - knocking, calling, waiting for the door to be opened to Him.


Opening the door is a definite act - it's done just as you would open the door of your house. A person can, by faith, throw open the door of their heart willingly. It is a deliberate act that anyone can choose to do in response to His knocking. Perhaps a sermon they heard, a hymn or a prayer, a near-death experience, a broken heart, a beautiful sunset - all of these could be Jesus knocking. Over and over, in so many ways, Jesus i saying to the unsaved person, "I love you. I want to come in, but you must open the door."


And when a person does choose to open the door to Him, it is a delightful act, because Jesus promises abundant life (John 10:10). And when He comes in, He is first the guest and then He becomes the host - "I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me". He is saying, "You give me your all and then you can have My all." All by opening the door!


~Adrian Rogers~

No comments:

Post a Comment