Friday, July 13, 2012

Surely I am Coming Quickly

"He who testifies to these things says, 'Surely I am Coming quickly" (Revelation 22:20)


This is the Bible's last prophecy. It tells us that not only could Jesus' return be at any moment - but when it does happen, it will be suddenly. Rapidly, abruptly - faster than the blink of an eye - Jesus Christ will return. This final prophecy is repeated over and over throughout God's Word. The Second Coming of Jesus isn't some incidental topic - it is the major message of the Bible. It's all about Jesus - the fact that He has come and that He is surely and swiftly coming again.


When Jesus reminds us once more "I am the Alpha and the Omega" (Revelation 22:13), He's saying: "I am the first ray of hope in the book of Genesis. I am the last warning in the book of Revelation. It is all about Me."


How tragic it would be for you to miss His message or ignore it - and find yourself unprepared for the sudden coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. He invites you to drink the water of life freely. It's as simple as taking a drink of water to allow Him to come into your heart today and make you a new creation!


If you don't know Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour, respond now to the Holy Spirit and to God's Word - and to the invitation of the saints and the Bride of Christ - and "Come!". Come to Jesus! You might pray something like this to invite Him into your heart:

Lord Jesus, I need to be saved. You died to save me and promised to save me if I would trust You. I do trust You, Lord, right now. Come into my heart, forgive my sin, cleanse me, and save me. I thank You for paying my sin debt with your blood and for Your promise that I will one day be received into heaven as part of Your Bride. Begin now to make me the person You want me to be. And help me never to be ashamed of You. Jesus, In Your name I pray. Amen

Pray it and mean it, and you can stand on the promises and prophecy of His Word to say that He has saved you and will keep you - sealed to that marvelous day of His coming! "Even so, come, Lord Jesus!"

~Adrian Rogers~

No comments:

Post a Comment