Saturday, April 14, 2012

We Begin With God

"By Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible and He is before all things, and by Him all things consist" (Colossians 1:16-17).


Now, I know that some have said about me; "That man is always talking about God!" I can only say in reply that if that is the only charge that anyone can properly bring against me, I will be quite a happy man. I know that I talk a lot about God - about the triune God, because I still believe in God. I believe in Him as God Almighty, the Father, and Jesus Christ, His Son and our Lord, and the Holy Spirit, the Comforter.


We do begin with God here, where all truth begins, for God is the one true and absolute reality. Back of all, and underneath and supporting all things, He grids the universe and holds it up and guides it.


God does that. That is the only explanation for the universe and the only explanation of human life, for as Creator He gives to human life its meaning and significance.


He is the sacred meaning that gives validity to all meaning. Exclude God from your thinking and you will find yourself with no sense of moral values - you will have no standard of right or wrong.


Lord, may I also talk "too much" about You. May I keep You first in everything I do, think or say today. Enable me by Your Spirit, I pray, In Jesus' name. Amen


~A. W. Tozer~

No comments:

Post a Comment